Nearly all of the street storm drains in Franklin Trace are plugged with leaves. With the “big flooding” rain that is forecast for today and tomorrow, please help prepare by taking a trash bag out and cleaning the drain in front of your home. It is the property owners responsibility to keep those clean and now might be great time to do that to prevent potential issues.
There have been a series of car break-ins around the community in recent months. The primary targets seem to be unlocked vehicles and/or vehicles with valuables in clear view. As always, it’s advised to keep vehicles in garages if possible, and locked and with all valuables hidden if parked outside.
The City of Indianapolis has moved trick-or-treating from Thursday, October 31st 2013 to Friday, November 1st 2013 due to severe weather.
Update: The suspect was arrested and has been linked to multiple crimes in at least 2 different states.
Theft of personal items occurred early in morning hours of June 12th from a vehicle parked in a driveway on Dickinson Lane. Credit cards, identification, and cash were taken form the vehicle. A credit card from the theft was used hours later at a Speedway gas station. Gas station surveillance shows the suspect as a white male, around 30 years of age, driving a 2011/12 Dark Blue or Black Chevy Equinox. Pictures are shown below. If you have any information, please contact the Indianapolis Metro Police Department.
The neighborhood block party and ice cream social is Saturday, June 8th, from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Brats, hot dogs, and drinks will be provided. Plan to bring your kids, lawn chairs, bikes, beverages, and anything else you want to make the party complete.
The party will be held in Allegiance Lane, which is the dead-end street leading to the corn field on the west side of the neighborhood (off of Franklin Parke Blvd.)
This is a great chance to meet some of our new neighbors who have moved into Franklin Trace.
The Franklin Trace HOA has arranged a discount from Otto’s for the week of June 3-7 for replacement mailboxes and/or posts. All orders placed during this week will receive the discount; pricing is detailed in this PDF:
- Otto’s Mailbox Discount Flyer 2013
We will remind everyone of this discount at the annual meeting, which is next Wednesday evening, June 5.
You have the option to use two alternative vendors; all are on the mailbox info page of the website: http://www.franklintrace.com/mailboxes/
- Mail Box Replacement: Produce a large T3 standard mailbox powdercoated Beige, with Cocoa vinyl graphics on both sides (numbers and street name), Large Caxton font.
- Total Cost for home owner to pick up and install mailbox (includes 7% sales tax) – $86.67
- Total Cost for Otto’s to remove old mailbox and install new mailbox (includes 7% sales tax on materials only) – $111.67
- Total Cost to deliver mailbox for home owner installation (includes 7% sales tax) – $102.72
- Post Replacement: Produce a Clover 6×6 Cedar Post with Custom Support and Built-in Newspaper Holder painted Sagebrush
- Total Cost for home owner to pick up and install post (includes 7% sales tax) – $202.23
- Total Cost for Otto’s to remove old post and install new post (includes mailbox reinstallation) (includes 7% sales tax on materials only) – $262.23
- Entire Unit (Mail Box & Post) Replacement: Produce a large T3 standard mailbox powdercoated Beige, with Cocoa vinyl graphics on both sides (numbers and street name), Large Caxton font. Produce a Clover 6×6 Cedar Post with Custom Support and Built-in Newspaper Holder painted Sagebrush
- Total Cost for home owner to pick up and install mailbox / post (includes 7% sales tax) – $288.90
- Total Cost for Otto’s to remove old mailbox / post and install new mailbox / post (includes 7% sales tax on materials only) – $348.90
The annual Franklin Trace Homeowners Association Meeting will be held at the Franklin Library on Wednesday, June 5th, 2013. Sign-in will be available starting at 6:00PM; the meeting will begin at 6:30PM.
Here is the address and directions:
Franklin Trace, along with our neighbors in Franklin Parke Estates and Breckenridge, will be having a community garage sale on Saturday, May 18th, from 8am-4pm. There will be signs at the entrance at both the north entrance (Franklin Trace) and south entrance (Franklin Parke Estates) and across Southport Road at Breckenridge. An ad will be posted on the CraigsList and Indy Star classifieds.
Happy selling to all who participate!
A resident on Preamble Court had their vehicle stolen from their driveway sometime after 10:30 PM on the 25th of December, prior to 9:00 AM on the 26th. The vehicle was a blue Jeep Liberty.
If you have any details, please contact the Indianapolis Police Department.
Last evening, a vehicle in a driveway off of Josiah Ct was ransacked. The vehicle may have been unlocked as there was no sign of forced entry. Please be on the lookout for suspicious activity and be sure to keep your vehicles locked and secure.